Employee recognition awards recognize the outstanding performance of administrative and regular full or part-time staff work that is above and beyond expectations. Recipients who have received a named award (e.g., Baker, Feinga, McKay) are not eligible to receive that same award again. Employees nominated must have worked here at BYU–Hawaii for a minimum of three years and cannot have received this award within the last two years. Supervisors and fellow employees may nominate a current administrative, full time and part-time staff employees to receive this award by completing and submitting the online nomination form. Nominations will be accepted until December 6, 2019. The President’s Council will meet to consider the nominations and make a final determination of those who will be honored by the University.
The following criteria should be kept in mind as nominations are made:
Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude
- Takes tremendous interest and pride in their own specific assignments as well as BYU–Hawaii as a whole.
- Is cooperative, courteous, helpful, friendly, and demonstrates a concern for all fellow employees.
- Always presents a neat personal appearance and exhibits professionalism in both conduct and communication
Is conscientious and exemplary in the performance of job duties
- Demonstrates a high degree of skill and proficient in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Strives to improve skills and work methods as a means towards greater productivity and efficiency
- Demonstrates initiative and does not require constant supervision.
Goes the "Extra Mile"
- Has performed specific and unusual tasks worthy of recognition at BYU–Hawaii.
- Volunteers time and experience with other persons and organizations in the University community.
Fulfills the mission of BYU–Hawaii
The mission of Brigham Young University–Hawaii is to integrate both spiritual and secular learning and to prepare students with character and integrity who can provide leadership in their families, their communities, their chosen fields, and in building the kingdom of God.
To nominate an employee of your choice please fill out The Employee Recognition Nomination form. You may nominate several employees.